Valentine’s Day is this Thursday, so if you haven’t made any plans yet, I’ve got you. I have compiled a list of my favorite date activities and romantic restaurants in Chicago below, all you need to do is pick something to do and make a reservation ASAP.
- Visit the Wndr Museum, a new pop up exhibit in the west loop and then grab dinner at Girl and the Goat (or anywhere you can get a table in the West Loop)
- Walk around the Art Institute which stays open until 8pm on Thursday’s and is free for Illinois residents on Valentine’s Day. Then head to Chicago Athletic Association for drinks at Cindy’s and a breathtaking view.
- For affordable fun, go to one of the many arcade bars (Replay, Headquarters, Cheesies) and have fun getting competitive with each other.
Dinner & Drinks:
If you are planning on doing the romantic dinner thing, you need to make a reservation like last week. A lot restaurants offer special Valentine’s Day menus so do you research before you book so you know what your options will be. Below are a few of my favorite romantic restaurants.
- Coda Di Volpe (for fancy Italian and a splurge dinner)
- Figo Wine Bar (Super romantic atmosphere)
- Bar Pastoral (who can argue with good wine and good cheese?)
- Cafe Ba Ba Reba ( for Tapas!!! Get the bacon wrapped dates)
- Geja’s Cafe (because fondue is fun)
- The Rosebud (Classic Italian)
- Beatnik (Cutest decor)
Looking for something romantic to do after dinner? Head to the movie theater and watch Rebel Wilson’s new movie Isn’t It Romantic.
What are you plans for Valentine’s Day? Tell me in the comments below!