Super late to the game here, but I thought I would share with you all some of my New Year's Resolutions. This year is all about being healthy. Healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy finances.
1. Get credit card debt free. I graduated college with a lot of credit card debt, and it has racked up a lot of interest. To start on this goal, I have consolidated all of my credit card debt into one personal loan with a 15% lower interest rate than the credit cards. Now the trick is to keep my shopping habit in check while I throw any extra income at that loan.
2. Run a 15K. This year I ran my first 5k. This was a big deal for me because I hate running and I was also wildly out of shape. I realized that this is the only body I have and if I don't take care of it now I'll be stuck with a really unhealthy body when I'm 80. My grandma is my inspiration for this particular goal. Now she doesn't run 5k's or anything but my grandma is in pretty great shape and I want to be as active as she is when I'm her age.
3. Eat better. I realized after I turned 21 that I started to make a lot more unhealthy food choices. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with being able to legally drink and eating bar food more, but it's gotten out of control. I've started to notice things like when I eat dairy or drink a beer the next day I'll have a new acne breakout. Sucks to say goodbye but my body is clearly telling me "no" to these foods. I've also realized that I may be a little addicted to sugar, caffeine and salt. I get really bad cravings when I haven't eaten much of these foods for a few days. So, for the month of January I'm going to do Whole 30 and really try to get out of my bad food rut.
4. Take better care of my skin. Similar to my fitness goals, this is the skin I'll be living in when I'm 80 so I need to take better care of it now. Properly moisturizing, wearing SPF, etc. Pretty simple and straightforward.
5. Travel to three new places. This one is for my mental health. I tend to be a workaholic. Like I spend my evenings and early morning hours freelancing and then spend 9 hours a day working my full-time job. I need to step away every once in a while and unplug. I already have one vacation to Costa Rica planned for early spring which gives me something to work towards.
It's going to be a good year, I can already tell.
What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? Tell me in the comments below.