Anyone who knows me knows that I'm dog mom to the max. I mean I take my dog like everywhere with me. I would bring her to work with me too, if they would allow dogs in the building. I feel so bad for her that she spends the majority of her days home alone, so when I'm home at night or on the weekends I try to do things that Ellie can do with me.
Recently we moved to Lakeview, and I'm here to tell you, this is a dog lovers paradise. So many restaurants have patios so your fur baby can join you for brunch or dinner. But did you know that a lot of shops allow dogs as well? Here are my favorite places to shop with my pup in tow.
1. Marshalls: I'm pretty sure Ellie thinks Marshalls is our second home, we definitely go here waaaay too much.....but like bargains. And Ellie gets to pick a toy out every time we go here so she loves it.
2. Anthropologie: Every time we go in here, the cashiers give Ellie treats and tell her what a pretty girl she is, can't really beat the flattery. Plus it's Anthro and who doesn't love Anthro? I want my home to look like it came out of an Anthropologie catalog.
3. Lush: because bath bombs. They will also give your pup an organic treat (Ellie hates them to be honest).
4. Gap: Gapbody is life, that is all.
5. Michaels: because I like to pretend like I'm going to DIY shit and it never happens. I guess I just like to collect craft supplies. But because Marshalls and Michaels are in the same building you have to stop in here too, maybe pick up some seasonal decorations.
Generally, if the store you want to go in has a cafe, they will not allow dogs, like the new Amazon Bookstore on Southport Ave., we learned that the hard way.
Next week I'll post my favorite Lakeview restaurants with a patio (aka dog friendly!), stay tuned!